Wherever your personal information may be held within our organisation or on its behalf, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that you share with us from unauthorised access or disclosure.
When you register with our Practice, or provide any of your personal details via our website, we may collect and store this information. The type of information that is collected includes:
name and title
contact phone number(s)
e-mail address animal(s)’
We may use this information for various reasons which may include:
- to register you and your animal(s)’ details on our Practice management system
- for internal record keeping and clinical governance
- to send reminders in connection with your animal(s)’ health program
- to record your animal(s)’ health and treatment history and apply relevant fees to your account for this, together with charges for veterinary prescriptions, diets, consumables and other goods purchased
- to communicate with you (or your authorised agent) for administrative purposes
- to contact you with regards to your animal(s) or any services, products or promotional events which you and your animal(s) may benefit from and to send you relevant newsletters from the Practice and/or, with your consent, to request 3rd parties or agents acting on our behalf to do this for us.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so
We will not email or send you text/SMS marketing messages (nor allow any 3rd party to do so on our behalf) unless you have given us your consent and we will give you the chance to refuse any such communications from us in the future, either with an option to unsubscribe or opt out in the relevant message, or by contacting us at the Practice on 01608 730085, or by e-mailing email@example.com. We do not sell or rent any personal information to other companies or third parties and will not share any of your personal details through which you can be individually identified with any third party unless specifically requested to do so by you, or without your prior consent unless:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
- required for the returning of a lost animal to its original owner through the microchip tracking system:
- information may be sent to the microchip registration company to facilitate the transfer, not to the original owner (unless your permission is given)
- supplying relevant details to another veterinary practice taking over your animal(s)’ case
- to assist in the processing of any insurance claim submitted by you for your animal(s), to communicate with and respond to queries from your insurers or their agents
- in order to process transactions made through our secure card payment systems with the service provider
- for the purpose of supplying relevant details for the collection of overdue unpaid fees to Debt Collection Agencies instructed by us, or to legal representatives instructed by us for the instigation of litigation proceedings for this purpose, together with any authorised officials (e.g. Bailiffs or Sheriff’s Office employees) in order to enforce such Court Orders.
- required for our electronic systems software providers – specifically for the purpose of developing, maintaining or supporting our practice information systems and infrastructure
- Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP or substantially all of its assets may be acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be disclosed to the prospective buyer or seller of such assets (subject to strict confidentiality clauses), and would be one of the transferred assets in the event of such acquisition.
If you would like to see any information we hold about you, please email or write to us with your request and we will provide you with this information promptly – though a small fee (not exceeding £20) may be charged.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain adverts and links to other related websites of interest. Please remember, once you have used any of these links to navigate away from our website, we have no control and therefore cannot be held responsible for how your data is collected or managed by these separate websites. Please consult their individual Privacy Policies and proceed with caution.
Social Media and Shortened Links
Interactions made through external social media services that our website and its owners participate with are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media service. Users are encouraged to use social media platforms sensibly and with due care and attention with regard to their own privacy and personal details. We will never request sensitive information through social media services and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to get in contact through primary communication channels such as the telephone or e-mail. Our website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media services in question. Users are strongly advised prior to using such buttons that they do so at their own risk and to note that the social media service may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media account. Users should also use careful judgment before clicking any shortened web address (urls). Social media platforms can be prone to spam and hacking; for this reason and the fact that the internet cannot be an entirely secure means of transmission of information, our website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications as a result of following any shortened links or the use of our website generally.