We pride ourselves on the preventative and reactive health work we carry out for all of our dairy enterprises. We have several different methods of milk production in the practice ranging from spring calving grass-based producers to large intensive units, to all-year-round calving herds as well as some organic farms. The veterinary approach and the service we provide for each system is different and reflective of the challenges they face.
All of our dairy farms are encouraged to have frequent routine visits with the same vet where possible, which ensures health problems can be monitored and corrected regularly. Our team of experienced and dedicated farm vets are available 24/7 to cover the work which includes:
• Routine Fertility visits
• Lameness, Mastitis and Infectious Disease investigations
• Herd Performance and Data Analysis
• Preventative Health planning
• Farmskills training workshops
• Foot Trimming and Healthy Feet
• Mobility scoring; Teat scoring; Body Condition Scoring etc
• Emergency work
• Safe and Effective Use of Medicines
We believe in a whole farm team approach and actively encourage working alongside the nutritionist, foot trimmer, engineers and other advisors.
Back to Farm Department